- Better access to value deals
- Purchase shares in a larger property than an investor could on his or her own
- Liability risk is limited to original investment amount
- Easier to achieve a diversified portfolio with distributed risks
- Does not require day-to-day management of oversight by the investor
- Professional asset and property management
- Potential lower insurance costs (master insurance policies)
- No dealing with complex issues, such as tenant improvements.
- Invest in a higher quality property than an individual investor could on his or her own.